28. April 2016

Nigigri "Risotto"




Let's talk about nigiri or better known as sushi.

A lot of people like it and some don't what is totally fine since not everyone can have the same taste. 
I personally love, literally love sushi. So this is why I trying to find different recipes to step up the sushi game. 
Then I cam across the so called "Sushi Burger" and I actually wanted to try this recipe first but then an accident happened and it turned into this recipe. I can tell you that it was so good, and I'm not only saying this because I created this recipe but because it is simply amazing.

What you will need for this recipe : (2 portions)


  • 300g Salmon (you can also use tuna)
  • 250g Sushi rice
  • 500 ml water
  • Cucumber slices (or one small Cucumber)
  • Sliced cabbage
  • Caviar (optional, I use here supermarket caviar and I'm not quite sure if you can get this everywhere for a cheap price)
  • Soya Sauce 
* I paid for everything around € 30 or $ 34 or £ 23

Process :


  1.  Wash the rice and cook it in a pot with the water. (Like this the rice gets really risotto like) and  let it cook for 15 - 20 min or until the rice is cooked. When the rice is cooked pull it of the heat  and let it cool.
  2.  Next cut the salmon into thin pieces - as thin as a normal nigiri - so around 3 cm. Put the  salmon aside.
  3.  Wash the cucumber and slice it into pieces with the same thickness like the salmon. Same with  the cabbage, wash it and slice it into thin pieces (if it is not already sliced)
  4.  Now get a plate and put a good amount of rice on the plate and place the sliced cabbage on top  of it. Next the salmon and then the cucumber slices. (Optional: put the Caviar on top of the  cucumber)
  5.  Serve it. Everyone can add the soya sauce themselves.  


I hoped you enjoyed this recipe. If someone tries this recipe then tag me on the picture, my username on Instagram is @matihi. 

Bon Appétit and I will see you all next Monday.



SHARE:

Keine Kommentare

Kommentar veröffentlichen

© Awkward and Blind. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig